A Grant Fund for Museums
The Iowa Museum Association supports the creation of a substantial grant fund (tentatively called the Iowa Four Corners Fund) which would provide opportunities for leveraged investment in museums in all four corners of Iowa supporting the work of museums in every county in Iowa.
Museums are EDUCATORS
• Education is a core activity for all museums.
• Museums are located in every county in Iowa – in ALL FOUR CORNERS.
• Iowa museums are playing a key role in implementing the Iowa Social Studies Standards.
• Teaching with primary sources is an educational best practice.
• Iowa's museums are stewards of primary sources.
ECONOMIC IMPACT is a core benefit from the museum industry.
• Visitors bring a multi-million-dollar benefit to Iowa.
• Museums create jobs and keep young professionals in Iowa.
• Main Street redevelopment made possible by museum stewardship of historic buildings is revitalizing communities.
• Museums attract business and investment to communities.
A Grant Fund to Support the Iowa Museum Industry is Needed
• Iowa boasts over 400 museums throughout the state.
• Museums provide educational programming for all ages and interests.
• Stewardship of historic resources and built environment leverages economic development and jobs.
• Job creation can be enhanced with investment in capacity building.